I have seen lots of people asking how to use BSNL broadband modem on Airtel Broadband connection and Airtel beetel modem on BSNL broadband connection.
Yes, you can use:
- Airtel broadband modem (Beetel) on BSNL broadband connection.
- BSNL broadband modem on Airtel Broadband connection.
Because both uses DSL technology.
All you need is configure your modem with your ISP username and password. And use correct VPI / VCI value as provided by your ISP.
In this tutorial I will show you how to configure Airtel Beetel 220BX modem for BSNL broadband connection.
- Open any browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera) and go to url http://192.168.1.1
- Enter username and password of your modem. Generally user name is admin and password is admin or password.
- Click WAN link from left pane menu.
- You will get list of all WAN setups configured on your modem. Click Edit button of first setup.
- For BSNL broadband VPI/VCI value is 0/35 This can be different, so conform this from BSNL customer care. Enter VPI/VCI value and click Next button.
- Select connection type PPPoE This is best network protocol for DSL broadband connections. Click Next button.
- Enter your BSNL broadband username and password. This is provided by BSNL. Click Next button.
- Continue clicking Next button and leave rest as default. On final page click Save button.
- Configure DNS address of your LAN / wifi card as provided by your ISP.
You can also use Google Public DNS or OpenDNS.
- Reboot your modem.
Your Beetal modem is ready to be used on BSNL broadband connection. If you are still not able to configure, leave comment below.