What is Facebook Login Alert
Facebook will send you an alert via email or SMS if someone tries to login into your Facebook accounts from an unknown computer / laptop / device.
How to activate Facebook Login Alert
By default Facebook Login Alert is not enabled. Here is how you can enable this feature:
- Login in your Facebook Account
- Go to Account >> Account Settings.
- Under Settings Tab, click Account Security to expand options.
- Under Login notification, check “Send me an email” and “Send me a text message” options and save.
- You have now enabled Facebook login notification. Logout from your Facebook account and relogin in your Facebook account. Facebook will now recognize your computer / laptop / device as a new device and will prompt you to add the device as trusted device.
After you have saved the new device, Facebook will send you email stating that a new device has been added to your account.
Now whenever Facebook detects that you are trying to login from a different computer / laptop / device, it will prompt you to name the device and send you an email / SMS alert. If that is an unauthorized access, you can quickly follow the steps mentioned in the email to block access from that device.