We all have only one antivirus installed on our computer. And its also highly recommended to install only one antivirus on your system, else it will create conflicts and your computer may not work properly.
But what if we want to scan some files using multiple antivirus like Kaspersky, Norton, Bitdefender, Mcafee etc.
Below I have listed few very good sites where you can scan files / website using multiple antivirus and absolutely free. If you have to scan multiple files, then zip those files in a zip file and then upload for scanning. You can also scan any website / url for possible malware / trojan etc.
5 Free Site to scan websites / files using multiple antivirus.
- Virustotal: It is a service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by antivirus engines. It analyzes suspicious files and URLs enabling the identification of viruses, worms, trojans and other kinds of malicious content detected by antivirus engines and web analysis toolbars.
- NoVirusThanks Multi-Engine Antivirus Scanner: Free service that allows users to upload and scan a file with multiple Antivirus engines. Users can also analyze a website url or a remote file with the option Scan Web Address.
- Jotti’s malware scan: Jotti’s malware scan is a free online service that enables you to scan suspicious files with several anti-virus programs. Files uploaded here are shared with anti-virus companies so detection accuracy of their anti-virus products can be improved. There is a 25MB limit per file.
- VirSCAN: VirSCAN.org is a FREE on-line scan service, which checks uploaded files for malware, using antivirus engines, indicated in the VirSCAN list. On uploading files you want to be checked, you can see the result of scanning and how dangerous and harmful/harmless for your computer those files are.
- VirusChief: VirusChief offers a free service for online virus scan suspicious files (which *could* contain a computer virus) using several antivirus online virus scan engines.