Popular Antivirus Avast will be releasing a new version of avast – the long-awaited version 6.0. Its currently in beta version and available for public testing before it’s officially released.
The beta has now been updated to build 6.0.945
Free Anti-Virus 6: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.945/setup_av_free.exe
Pro Anti-Virus 6: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.945/setup_av_pro.exe
Internet Security: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/6.0.945/setup_ais.exe
How to install it
Just run the setup executable (links above). This version needs to be installed from scratch, i.e. updating from a previous version of avast won’t work. This will be fixed relatively soon – however, for now, the only option is to really uninstall the version you’re using (if any), reboot, and install this beta.
The only exception is if are already running a previous build of avast 6, you can use the built-in program updater then.
– AutoSandbox – suspicious programs will be optionally run sandboxed
– avast! WebRep – browser plugin for website reputation rating; a combination of data from our virus lab and community voting
– Script Shield now even in the Free AV
– Site Blocking now even in the Free AV
– SafeZone – a special virtualized area for sensitive transactions (e.g. secure online banking) (paid products only)
– Restore factory settings command (Settings -> Troubleshooting)
– Automatic actions in the boot-time scan
– New compression method in the installer makes the setup packages about 20% smaller.
– Script Shield now functional even with IE8/IE9 Protected Mode
– Sidebar gadget
– Improved stability/compatibility of the Behavior Shield
– Improvements in the avast! sandbox